Monday, February 18, 2013

It was whatever killed all those people in "The Stand".

I spent the whole weekend sick in bed. The best thing I can say about it was that THANK GOD the worst was on a weekend when Kevin was home. Publicly I'd like to acknowledge my husband as the domestic rock God that he is - he did two birthday parties, dishes, even weatherstripped our drafty back door. [At one point I was begging him to use the drill to open up pressure holes in my face, but he declined.]

The three of them ate Kix all weekend and are filthy, but WHO CARES. I was in bed watching back to back episodes of "Shahs of Sunset" in my feverish stupor. I could not have done it without that man.

Today is a school holiday, so we can stay at home and I can recover for one more day. My husband, I'm sure, is happy to be headed back to the relative calm of the office, where no one is shouting "But I had it FIRST". Presumably. You never know with lawyers.

My house! I have not updated on my house in way too long. Everything that could be accomplished on our list without using the driveway and yard has been done. I walk from room to room and just wonder where all the extra space came from. There will always be trouble zones where things accumulate, but I'm just so damn proud of us. I really have to acknowledge Stephanie again for providing the list that I worked from. It was simple and effective and broke everything down perfectly for my ADHD brain.

I still want my multi-level home addition, but I can honestly say that without all the extra clutter, I have a vision for how we can make this house work for us in the here and now. I thought I'd take a minute to outline my goals for the next part of my home project - maintaining the glory.

1] Springtime clean out of the garage and basement.
2] Yard sale - whatever does not sell will be dropped off at Goodwill later that day.
3] Redo kids rooms to make them more practical - bunk beds for Vans room and a trundle for Scarlett. Remove extra furniture and sell. Purchase book shelf "slings" for each of their rooms.
4] New furniture for our bedroom that can provide more storage. The old set is beautiful, but inconvenient to say the least. I'd like to sell them and purchase something more practical. Reevaluate our furniture placement and try to maximize space.
5] Redo the art and photos on our walls to make the space seem more finished and decorated.

It's good to have goals.





No comments:

Post a Comment