Friday, February 1, 2013

Michael's - you complete me. [But don't tell Target, she's a jealous freak.]

I'll let you in on something that no one told me. Kids come with a shit-ton of crafting supplies. Doesn't matter how you resist, you will end up with the Michael's app on your phone, and you WILL get excited when you see a coupon pop up for 25% off your total order.

The craft slash art box had become unmanageable, and had taken up residence on top of a cabinet in the dining room, and I could only really grab the supplies on top. Yesterday the entire bin was emptied and sorted, then all of the crafting supplies were replaced. The art supplies are going to have to find a new container, but they will both be lidded and accessible to children who PROMISE to replace everything when they are done creating.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

*whew* Sometimes you just need a good laugh, you know?

I'm slowing down on the list now. There are two major indoor items left to be tackled - the linen closet and the kids toys. I'm looking forward to both, but the former really needs a time while the kids are occupied downstairs with their dad, and the toys need to be done on a morning when both of them are at school. While my daughter is not particularly attached to toys, my son would gladly go to his grave clutching a broken piece of McDonald's Happy Meal crap. He would paint his face blue and scream "You will never take our Victorious hair brush/microphone with the peeling stickers!"

The remainder of the list encompasses the basement and the garage, two places that Kevin and I have agreed that we need to tackle together. At the moment, the wind chill outside is about negative a billion, so I'm willing to give a pass on nagging about the garage for now. FOR NOW.



No comments:

Post a Comment