Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Bad news. No Hoffa.

Coat closet, done. For someone who claims she hates wearing coats, I sure do own a lot of them. Some went off to the Snooty Fox, the others headed out for donation. You no longer have to live in fear of something falling on your head if you wish to approach the only closet downstairs.

Speaking of consigning things, did you know it takes longer than one week to get people to buy your crap? Me too. I certainly haven't called 3 times.

I'm now one day behind, but all is good. As long as I continue to purge, I am calling it a win. My house will never be a show room, because for every 10 items I remove from my house, I figure at least 2 work their way back in. [Dammit, you children, and your never empty backpacks.] I've developed a smaller goal as I've worked through the list, that for the time being, all I'm purchasing are consumables. But at the end of the 40 days, we should be free of so many things that were just taking up space in our lives.

Jesus, I sound like a hippie. While I recognize the importance of what we are accomplishing in this house, part of me would like to just go to Nordstroms and buy some shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment