Monday, January 7, 2013

It was really nice. For about an hour.

All that's left to organize in my kitchen is my shelf of cookbooks. Which shouldn't take too long, because I'll NEVER, EVER PART WITH MY BABIES. And when the last shelf is nice and tidy, I'll be moving into my kitchen until the rest of the house is done. I can sleep in Alice's bed and have coffee available 24/7.

Yesterday was my dreaded "misc. kitchen" purge. At some point I convinced Kevin to tackle the desk area, because that has become a landing strip for all things husband. [We got to cross two things off the list! Desk area is separate!] 

Huh, I've just realized a couple of things I had on top of the cabinets above the desk are M.I.A. Will have to check with husband. Perhaps he is better at purging than I thought. Perhaps I might have to find a few more items from our list for him. He has violated his own mantra of "Low expectations." The jig is up, husband. Get to work.

So the kitchen was mostly wrapped up yesterday and it was a lovely place to sit and relax. Until I had to make dinner. You know, if I lived by myself this would all be a lot easier.

Kids are back to school today, and normally I'd be dancing a jig, but I'll be spending the morning with Scarlett in her class, getting her acclimated and helping the teachers figure out how best to move her around. Given the nature of children, she's not concerned in the least - just excited to see her friends and let them sign her cast. I'm a wreck - will anyone be able to pick her up? Will the bathroom work out? Will her friends be kind?

I'll check back. Hopefully with fewer cookbooks. 








No comments:

Post a Comment