Thursday, January 3, 2013

How to Eat a...What's Bigger Than An Elephant?

So, as part of my New Years Resolutions, I'm vowing to DECLUTTER our home. I keep telling my husband that I'm not a hoarder, I'm just lazy. The professional organizers slash therapists would be bored with me. They would hold up a magazine ad card with a phone number scrawled on it and I would call out in a sing-song voice "Pitch it!". Next would be my daughter's kindergarten art and I would intone "Trash it!". My marriage license? Garbage! Who needs it? Give me counter space!

So, I guess what I'm saying is that I want someone else to do all the work. Alas, no one from A&E has shown up to help, so I'm on my own.

I found this link on Pinterest  "8 Weeks to a Less Cluttered Home" and really liked the way Stephanie broke everything down into bite-sized chunks. I've printed off her PDF and stuck it on my bulletin board and am working my way down the list. Today is day 3, and I can't stop going back to the little bits I've done and admiring my work. I'm actually trying not to read too much ahead, because then it all becomes overwhelming and I crawl back into bed and watch The Kardashians, which helps no one. I just check the list in the morning, and see what I'm cleaning out that day.

I have created a small space to place things to be either sold or donated, so I'm hoping to have a yard sale in the spring. Perhaps with the proceeds we can finally afford that multi-floor home expansion I covet.

Or go to Skyline for dinner. Whatever.



No comments:

Post a Comment