Saturday, January 5, 2013

Flour Sack Races

Technically, the schedule I'm using allows for weekends off, but because today's chore involves only one drawer [stuffed to the brim as it is], I'm going to knock it out anyway. My task today is "Kitchen Linens". I cop to owning too many kitchen towels, mostly because of how much I don't like laundry.

My favorite towels are the flour sack type. No lint, lightweight, strong and the perfect thing to cover rising dough or warming tortillas. I should go though and purge the rest of the linty, substandard kitchen towels but this then requires me to do more laundry. It's a kitchen conundrum. A Möbius strip of laundry and cooking.

[Ha. Want to see the craft behind my writing? Do you know how long it took me to recall the term "Möbius strip"? How much I had to google stuff like "circle turning back on itself...infinite circle..." I knew what I was looking for but COULD NOT remember the term. I even grabbed a piece of paper and mocked one up, hoping that would trigger it. Finally Wiki came through for me. I really should donate to them. And I will. Next time. Along with NPR.]

OK, I'm stalling. Kids are still sleeping, so I'm going to go count my flour sacks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment